Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Goodbye 2013! Hello 2014!


Happy new year guys! Hope you had a great 2013 and have an even better 2014!

This year I decided to do a roundup post. Last year I posted separate Top Ten lists. This year, sadly, I didn't have much time due to college. So I'm going to do these Top Ten lists all in one post!

I'll start with Top Ten Moments of 2013:

10. Starting College: I'll be honest, I'm not really liking college. But I am happy that I moved a step forward in life and closer to my dream of becoming a doctor!


9. Graduation: I graduated from school this year and I honestly thought that I would never miss it but I miss it so much! Anyway, this last year in school was a lot of fun. And the farewell was amazing! So yeah, graduation was one of the best moments this year.


8. Blogging: I had so much fun blogging this year! I think I've grown a lot as a blogger. I've still got tons to learn but I feel like I've come far from my beginner days. Plus, I've met so many amazing people through blogging!


7. My Teachers: I miss my school teachers so much! They were the best! And since this was our last year and we had spent 3 years together, they became almost like friends. My English teacher was, and still is, my inspiration and word's cannot describe how much I miss and love her and how lucky I was to have her as a teacher!


6. Making new friends: Even though I don't like college, I made friends pretty quickly. And our little group of 4 has become very close over the course of these 4 months. These people have made my life in college much better and bearable.


5. My friend's engagement: This news came as a big shock to all of us because we are only 17! And none of us were even thinking of getting married. So when one of my friend's announced that she was getting engaged, every one thought it was a joke. But when the reality of it sunk in, we were overjoyed! Her engagement party was one of the best nights of my life!


4. My friends: Aahh! I miss my school friends so much! Especially 2 of my best friends! All the three years with them have been wonderful but this year was more so because this was our last year. So we had lots of parties and get-togethers. We also grew much closer this year. And oh my, I miss them so much!


3. Family trip to Swat: The northern areas of my country are extremely beautiful. My family and I took a trip there and it was so amazing and so much fun! The scenery was breathtaking, the air so fresh, the water so clear. It was awesome, escaping the city for a little while and enjoying the nature.


2. Getting to see Catching Fire in theatre: I know what you must be thinking. 'This is one of her best moments of the year? Pathetic!' But, in my defence, watching a movie in theatres is very expensive in my country plus all the theatres in the city are so far away from where I live. Thus, I rarely get to watch movies in theatres. In fact, I think I haven't seen a movie in a theatre since my childhood. I had been saving money so I could watch Catching Fire. When it came out, I and my brother went to watch it and it was such a nice experience! I cried for the first time in a theatre!


1. Discovering the Kdrama world: This is the best thing that ever happened to me! At the beginning of 2013 I stumbled into the Kdrama (Korean Drama) world and I'm loving it here!


Top Ten Books I read in 2013:

10. Dante’s Girl by Courtney Cole and Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire:


Both of these books are different from each other but both fall at ten for me. Dante’s Girl is a YA novel. It’s short and sweet and there’s no depth or anything. Walking Disaster is Travis’s version of Beautiful Disaster, which are both New Adult novels, and it’s more angsty. While I liked Beautiful Disaster much better, it was nice reading the book in Travis’s voice.

9. Forsaken by Sophia Sharp:


This is one of my recent reads. It’s a Paranormal Romance by an indie author and though it wasn’t perfect, it was very well-written and enjoyable.

8. Teen Idol by Meg Cabot:


One of those books I would love to see as a movie! This is not one of my favorite works by Meg but it was good. The story was cute and overall it was an enjoyable book. I do remember not liking the protagonist’s  voice though…

7. His Black Wings by Astrid Yrigollen:


Another Paranormal Romance by an indie author. This one was so good! I read it all in one sitting. In fact, I stayed up all night reading it!

6. Sheltered by Debra Chapoton:


This book was creepy but so cool! Loved it! It would make such an awesome horror/thriller movie!

5. Pride andPrejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith:


The title says it all! This book was so much fun to read! More so because I have read Pride and Prejudice. It’s no literary masterpiece but it’s a fun take on the classic and I enjoyed a lot reading this one.

4. Dare You To by Katie McGarry:


By now Katie McGarry has become one of my favorite authors and I will read anything she writes! I did not love Dare You To as much as I loved Pushing The Limits but I did like it a lot and enjoyed reading it.

3. Crash Into You by Katie McGarry:


Now this one I loved just as much as Pushing The Limits! It was oh so good! A must-read if you like Contemporary Romances with broken characters who will change your life forever!! (Sorry, my fangirl heart couldn’t contain it any more.)

2. The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins:


I finally read all 3 books this year and I loved them! There’s nothing much more to say. These were amazing books!

1. Harry Potter and the: Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix, Half Blood Prince by J. K. Rowling:



You can say that 2013 was the year I read most of the Harry Potter books. It’s no secret I love this series so naturally they are number one on my list <3

Top Ten Asian Dramas I watched in 2013:

2013 marked the start of my obsession with the drama world. Here are some of the best dramas I watched this year:

10. Skip Beat:

Skip Beat was the first Asian drama I ever watched. It wasn’t perfect but I loved it and it will always have a special place in my heart. Plus, Ivy Chen was amazing!



Oh Lee Ki Woo!!! <3 <3 I’m not much of a fan of noona-romances plus this drama gives you a really bad case of second-lead syndrome but it wasn’t that bad. In fact, it was pretty enjoyable! And Lee Ki Woo!!!!!! And Jung Il Woo!!!!



The drama that made me fall in love with Lee Min Ho <3 It was cute and the idea was pretty interesting. Plus, LMH looked so good!!



Oh how I loved this drama! I get why a lot of people don’t like this one but I loved it still! Because: A) It had Kim Hyun Joong in it who was my first Asian crush ever, even before I was hit by the Hallyu Wave! B) It was better than the anime. C) Jung So Min's acting was really good!



I loved this drama so much! The idea of Korea still having a monarchy system was so cool! The costumes were so amazing! It was so much fun watching Korean rituals and customs. Plus, Prince Yool!!! <3 The acting was good too and I had so much fun fangirling over this drama with my friend!



HYUN BIN IS SO FRICKIN’ GORGEOUS!!!! <3 <3 The drama was pretty good too. I liked the whole switching bodies plot and the acting was pretty good too.

4. White Christmas:


White Christmas is so different from the average Korean drama! I wanted to do a review but I seriously don’t know how to explain this one. It’s a psychological thriller and it’s so creepy! The acting is really good and despite a few plot holes, the story’s really good too! It is also an earlier work of now famous actors like Sung Joon and Kim Woo Bin. A must-watch if you like to watch psychological shows!



Oh the feels! I loved loved loved this drama! The story was amazing, the acting was amazing, the music was amazing! This drama was perfect!



Oh the mystery! I loved this drama so much! It made me feel nostalgic. The acting was really good and the story was amazing!



This one was my favorite drama out of all the dramas I’ve watched! It’s a Taiwanese drama and it’s a best-friend romance story. If you’ve been reading my blog you’ll know that I love best-friend romances! The story and acting was amazing and I loved every bit of it!

This is the stuff I've been enjoying last year. I would love to read your lists!

Once again, happy new year! Stay safe and happy <3

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hira! I know it's late, but Happy New Year! I hope you're having a fabulous 2014 so far! Good luck with med school! My sister became a doctor last year (she's already practicing yay!) and she's also always complaining how she's not happy. Hahahaha.

    P.S. You only discovered Kdramas this year?!?! Wow! But you've watched tons already! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jane! Happy New Year to you too!
      I don't know about fabulous, but it sure is busy! College is hard! Especially when you're a med student..
      Thank you! Haha! Right now I can only hope of surviving college :P

      P.S. I know, it's hard to believe! When I was planning this post I realised this and I was very surprised. It feels like ages since I started watching Kdramas!

      Delete

Hey! I really appreciate that you're commenting! I love comments! And trust me, I read and reply each and every one of them! So check back soon to see my reply!
Please don't use bad words. Don't curse or swear. And don't spam!
Thank you for commenting! Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...