Today is my birthday! :D I turned 17 today. Today is also Day 8 of the Book Blogger Challenge hosted by April of Good Books & Good Wine!
Write 15 bullet points of things that appeal to you on blogs!
- A good layout. It's more likely that I'd read a blog that is pretty than one that is not.
- An easy-to-read font. I'd prefer black over white because that's easy on the eyes. Also, the font shouldn't be too big or too small.
- The blog should load quickly. If there are too many widgets then it'll take too much time to load and then I lose my patience.
- I love it when the blog posts have a 'casual' tone to them. I don't like to read "professional" posts. It's more fun reading someone fan-girl or rage over something.
- I'd like the person to have an 'About Me' page. I almost always read the About Me when I visit a new blog.
- Bad grammar and spelling really turns me off. If there are only a little slips then I'm fine with it but if all the posts are filled with mistakes then I'd probably not read the blog.
- I like it when a blogger rates books. It gives me a quick over-view of whether they liked it or not.
- The blog should be easy to follow. If I don't find a follow button easily, it's more than likely I won't follow the blog.
- I hate CAPTCHA! I wouldn't comment if your blog has CAPTCHA 'cause honestly, it's just too hard to read that and I'd probably then waste 15 minutes trying to get it right.
- I really don't like auto-play music or noise on blogs. If you want to put music, then please don't put it on auto-play. Let the visitor decide if they want to listen to music or not.
- I love reading personal and discussion posts!
- I love it when book bloggers post something besides books. I know it's a book blog, but it's nice to see what else they like besides books.
- I love it when bloggers use GIFs! I love GIFs! They're so much fun!
- I love love love character interviews! They're so much fun to read!
- I like it when people do Top-Tens and 'best' or 'worst' lists!
So, what appeals to you on blogs?