Monday, January 21, 2013

Movie Review~Kimi ni Todoke (Reaching You/From Me To You)



Title: Kimi ni Todoke (Reaching You/From Me To You)
Writer: Based on the manga by Karuho Shiina. Script is written by Rika Nezu and Naoto Kumazawa.
Director: Naoto Kumazawa
Producer: Takahiro Sato
Main Cast: Mikako Tabe as Sawako Kuronuma, Haruma Miura as Shota Kazehaya, Misako Renbutsu as Chizuru Yoshida, Natsuna Watanabe as Ayane Yano, Mirei Kiritani as Ume Kurumizawa, Haru Aoyama as Ryu Sanada
Genre: Romance, Drama
Release Date: 25 September 2010
Running Time: 128 Minutes
Language: Japanese
Links: IMDb ~ Wikipedia ~ Amazon 
Synopsis: Sawako Kuronuma's one wish in life is to make friends. That's a difficult proposition when everyone who meets her cowers in terror, due to her resemblance to Sadako (after whom they nickname her) from the Japanese horror movie series The Ring. Shunned by her classmates, her life starts to change after she befriends her classmate, Shōta Kazehaya, a popular, easygoing and 100% refreshing guy who is nice with everyone, even with her.

Trailer: 


My Rating:
 9/10


My Thoughts: I really liked this movie. It was so sweet! I watched the anime but it was too slow so I decided to watch the movie. I do not regret my choice :) Even though the movie was kind of slow too, it was worth the watch.

The cast in this this movie was spot on! They were exactly like they are in the anime/manga (except, maybe, Kazehaya). It was uncanny how much they matched! The only exception was Kazehaya. But I like the movie Kazehaya better. He's cuter ;) The acting was pretty good too.

Though I felt the story dragged on, it had some important lessons on friendship and love. Sawako was so innocent and sweet! You couldn't help but like her. Her friends were really nice, I would really like friends like them! The side stories were nice too. Like Chizu and Ryu's almost-love-story.

The humor was pretty good. The movie made me LOL at times. But I think in this aspect, the anime was better. 

Kazehaya is the perfect boyfriend! He's so nice and sweet and caring. He's an all-around nice guy. And he has the cutest smile ever! I would love for him to be my boyfriend! No wonder girls liked him so much. And it's so sweet how much he trusted Sawako. How much all of them trusted her. 

Sawako was a unique character and I really liked watching how she grew. Maybe I'll read the manga to see what happens next :)

My favorite scene was the last one when Kazehaya finally "reaches" Sawako. Yup, they used the title! And I love it when they do that! =D Oh and when Kazehaya angrily grabs Sawako's hand and takes her outside the gymnasium. Love me some jealous boy!! 

Pictures:







2 comments:

  1. Oh my! I'm a big fan of KNT manga (I actually have vol 1-11 and 13) and I think I would love to try out the movie after reading your review. I have seen the anime season 1 and 2 thought it was slow paced but nicely done. I'm going to go ahead and watch this one xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! :D

      Delete

Hey! I really appreciate that you're commenting! I love comments! And trust me, I read and reply each and every one of them! So check back soon to see my reply!
Please don't use bad words. Don't curse or swear. And don't spam!
Thank you for commenting! Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...