Thursday, August 15, 2013

Updates

I have been such a bad blogger lately! Honestly, with the result tension, college applications and what-nots I wanted to take a step back and relax. So I spent a couple of days only reading and watching Kdramas. That is why I haven't been updating. But I just thought I'd let you know what I've been up to...

Reading:

  • I read Special A Volume 3-10. The story and characters of Kei & Hikari remind me A LOT of Usui & Misaki from Kaichou wa Maid-sama. The story is pretty interesting and all the side stories are nice to read. As the manga progresses, some chapters are from other character's point of view, besides Hikari's. I didn't have a problem with that, it was nice to see into the other character's personalities, but it would've been better if there would've been a notice of who the chapter's narrator would be. It always took me some time to figure it out. I loved the manga up until the 10th volume. But after Kei & Hikari got together, it became somewhat boring. I just can't bring myself to read any longer. So I'm taking a break from SA right now. I'll definitely complete it since it's only 17 volumes long and 7 volumes are left for me to read.
  • I didn't really finish any new books. I'm reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince but honestly I'm not in the mood of reading it since I know what lies ahead... I'm also currently reading Her Secret Whispers and oh my God, it's such a hard read! The protagonist is so annoying! I'm hoping I'll complete it soon and then write up a review. 
Watching:
  • I watched Lie To Me (Kdrama). I LOVE Yoon Eun Hye! She's such an amazing actress!! The actor (I forgot his name) is OK. Not that amazing. But YEH really does it for the both of them. The story was really good. It was a little different, but you see no Kdrama is complete without it's cliches which are all there in Lie To Me. I loved the OST! The bubbly pop music was fun to listen to. I loved the title song! I loved loved loved YEH's clothes in this drama! Gosh, I wish I could have her wardrobe! I even loved the clothes she wore at home. I want the Phineas shirt so bad!! There's not much I remember about this drama... The lead guy's brother was one of those bad boys you can't help but fall for. But I hated his transformation! He looked way too young after that. Like a teenage boy... I was going to write a full review of this drama but I couldn't think of much to write about. This drama isn't that memorable. It was fun to watch but I've forgotten most of it now.
  • I watched Secret Garden after Lie To Me and ohmyGod Hyun Bin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll just leave it at that since I plan on reviewing SG.

Challenges:

  • Manga Challenge: I challenged myself to read 12 books/volumes and I've completed it since I read 10 volumes of SA and 2 volumes of Kaichou wa Maid-sama this year. Yaay me! :D
  • Ebook Challenge: I challenged myself to read 10 ebooks and I've made it upto 5.
  • Off The Shelf Reading Challenge: I challenged myself to read 15 books and I've read 8 books. So 7 books are left. :)
And that's pretty much it. I've prepared a couple of discussion posts so look forward to them ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I really appreciate that you're commenting! I love comments! And trust me, I read and reply each and every one of them! So check back soon to see my reply!
Please don't use bad words. Don't curse or swear. And don't spam!
Thank you for commenting! Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...