Saturday, June 28, 2014

Currently Reading

There was a time when I couldn't read two books at the same time. I mixed up the stories and the worlds and it was hard for me to follow both of them simultaneously. Now I am currently reading 4 books! Which is huge for me! The weird thing is that I never mix up the stories or the characters or the worlds. I think I have matured as a reader...

I haven't posted a book review in a while so I thought I should give you a little update on what I am reading.

1. MARY: The Summoning by Hillary Monahan


I have been craving horror like crazy, recently! I was thrilled when I was approved on NetGalley for this title! I am half-way through this book. There are some things I like and some things I don't like. The horror scenes are great and make my heart beat like crazy! The description of Bloody Mary is awesome too! So much so that it kinda creeps me out! But the friendship drama is so annoying and boring! And I don't connect with any of the characters. I don't even care about them! I hope this gets better though...

2. The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines


I'm reading this along with my best friend. I really like the writing and the characters and story. But I have some issues. I don't like how Ash doesn't have a backbone. She's stringing along a guy she knows she doesn't like that way. I really don't like that. I don't like how fake Sawyer seems, and he hasn't even appeared yet! Everyone in the town worships Sawyer, which is weird. I get the "small town, everybody's business" thing but Ash lets it affect her too much. Plus she comes off as very desperate. I am enjoying this book. But these things kinda bother me.

3. A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin


This is a big book so it's taking me some time to finish it. But boy is it good! The writing is amazing! The world the author has created is awesome! He described it so well that it's not hard to imagine and when I'm reading it I find myself in that place. It's like I am there along with the characters. I really like how real and flawed the characters are. And that he has written each chapter from different characters perspectives. Each character has his own voice. The story is interesting and suspenseful. I love this book! But I haven't seen the show, nor do I plan to. At least not for the time being.

4. Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier


Stunning writing! Absolutely stunning! This was recommended to me by my aunt and I'm really enjoying it. Sure, the protagonist is annoying sometimes because she is too simple but I get why she is like that. The story wouldn't work if she wasn't. So I don't have a problem with that. I'm loving this one so far!

So, these are the books I am currently reading! Share what you are reading in the comments below! No one can have too many books. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I really appreciate that you're commenting! I love comments! And trust me, I read and reply each and every one of them! So check back soon to see my reply!
Please don't use bad words. Don't curse or swear. And don't spam!
Thank you for commenting! Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...