Sunday, June 29, 2014

Author Interview~Sarah Daltry (Author of Primordial Dust)


~INTERVIEW~

1. What made you decide to become an author?

I don't feel like it was a decision. It was more like I was always making up stories and it just made sense to write them down. I still have a love/hate relationship with all things "author," because it feels sort of obnoxious to want people to read my work. 

2. Is there a message in your book that you want your readers to grasp?

All of my books tend to deal with the idea of normalcy and accepting yourself for who you are. 

3. How did you come up with your title?

Actually I was in the Smithsonian last summer. I had been working on this for ages but had no titles I liked. I saw a science exhibit on space and primordial dust - and I loved the phrase. It's not about space, but the words just sounded fun coming off my tongue. 

4. Do you base any of the events in your book on your own life experiences?

In this one, no. It's definitely all made up.

5. What is the hardest part of writing for you?

Publishing. I don't know how to market myself. I just want to tell stories and talk to people about books. I'm not interested in playing games. Don't get me wrong - I will TALK to anyone about anything. I'm not standoffish. However, there are lots of little groups and you have to pick and choose and it's really all just stupid. I feel like I'm in high school again. I simply want to write books and talk to other people who like, write, or read books. 

6. Is there anything you’d like to say to your readers?

Thank you! I love when people read my work. It's such an honor and it will never get old. 

7. Any other advice you would give to other writers?

Write for yourself and for the right reasons. I've noticed a lot of authors swap genres, but some do because they love stories of all kinds and others seem to follow trends. I feel like the latter tend to show in their work. If you suddenly won a million dollars and you would stop writing or stop writing what you're writing and write something else, you are doing it for the wrong reasons. My integrity means a lot to me. My books and words and characters mean too much to sell them out for what's "hip."

~AUTHOR BIO~

Sarah Daltry writes about the regular people who populate our lives. She's written works in various genres - romance, erotica, fantasy, horror. Genre isn't as important as telling a story about people and how their lives unfold. Sarah tends to focus on YA/NA characters but she's been known to shake it up. Most of her stories are about relationships - romantic, familial, friendly - because love and empathy are the foundation of life. It doesn't matter if the story is set in contemporary NY, historical Britain, or a fantasy world in the future - human beings are most interesting in the ways they interact with others. This is the principle behind all of Sarah's stories.

Sarah has spent most of her life in school, from her BA and MA in English and writing to teaching both at the high school and college level. She also loves studying art history and really anything because learning is fun. 

When Sarah isn't writing, she tends to waste a lot of time checking the internet for pictures of cats, shooting virtual zombies, and simply staring out the window.

She has written several books, most notably Bitter Fruits, an urban fantasy in the Eden’s Fall series, Backward Compatible: A Geek Love Story, and the six book New Adult Flowering series, including Forget Me Not, Lily of the Valley, Blue Rose, Star of Bethlehem, Orange Blossom, and Ambrosia.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this interview! I bought my copy of Primordial Dust this morning, I can't wait to sit down tonight and read it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I really appreciate that you're commenting! I love comments! And trust me, I read and reply each and every one of them! So check back soon to see my reply!
Please don't use bad words. Don't curse or swear. And don't spam!
Thank you for commenting! Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...