Monday, November 26, 2012

From The Boy Closet (1)~Dash from Dash & Lily's Book of Dares

From the Boy Closet is a weekly meme hosted by A Good Addiction.

My pick from the boy closet today is Dash. Since I recently read Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn you can say that he is my newest fictional crush.


He's not the bad boy type I'm used to, but I occasionally fall for nice nerdy guys too, and he falls in that category. He's the cute loner guy who loves to read books. What more could a girl want?! And his wit is really impressive. As Mrs. Basil E. said, “I find young Dashiell to be not contemptible, for a specimen of teenage male. His persnicketiness is not nearly as delightful as he’d have one believe, but he has his own charm nonetheless. Articulate to a fault, perhaps—but a forgivable and, dare I say, an admirable misdemeanor.”

I think having to go through your parents divorce and then having such a irresponsible father must be hard. Considering that, Dash is pretty nice. He's sweet and kind and well an all around nice guy. Also, he has a good sense of humor and he made me laugh numerous times in the book! I would love to date him!


Here are a few quotes that made me fall in love with him:

"Are you a teenage boy?
If yes, please turn the page.If no, please return this to where you found it."
I was sixteen and equipped with the appropriate genitalia, so I cleared that hurdle nicely.

I turned to find Priya, this girl from my school, somewhere between a friend and acquaintance—a frequaintance, as it were.

My father had slipped me a hundred-dollar bill and told me to go to town with it. In fact, his exact words were, “Don’t spend it all on booze and women”—the implication being, of course, that I should spend at least some of it on booze and women.

I decided if I were ever to get into booze and women, my line would be Excuse me, madam, but I would really love to bed and muss you…. Are you perchance free this evening?

Luckily, I always travel with a book, just in case I have to wait in line for Santa, or some such inconvenience.

“You really think love needs to have a future?”
“Absolutely.”
“Good,” Lily said. “So do I.”
“Good,” I echoed, leaning in. “So do you.”
“Don’t repeat what I say,” she told me, swatting at my arm.
“Don’t repeat what I say,” I murmured, smiling.
“You’re being silly,” she said, but the silliness was falling out of her voice.
“You’re being silly,” I assured her.
“Lily is the greatest girl who ever was.”
I drew closer. “Lily is the greatest girl who ever was.”
For a moment, I think we’d forgotten where we were.
And then the officers returned, and we were reminded once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I really appreciate that you're commenting! I love comments! And trust me, I read and reply each and every one of them! So check back soon to see my reply!
Please don't use bad words. Don't curse or swear. And don't spam!
Thank you for commenting! Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...