Monday, November 30, 2015

Book Songs (Part 3)

I did 2 'Do songs remind you of books?' posts a couple years back (1, 2) and I'm here with another one! This time I'll be talking about This Love by Taylor Swift and how it reminds me of The Mediator Series, particularly Suze's and Jesse's relationship and how Suze feels about it.


*Spoilers Ahead*

Clear blue water, high tide came and brought you in

I know this is meant to be symbolic in the song but in the book Jesse literally came with the water. Suze met Jesse when she moved to Carmel-by-the-sea and there are long descriptions of the sea before Jesse is introduced.

In silent screams
In wildest dreams
I never dreamed of this

I don't think Suze could have dreamed in her wildest dreams that she would fall in love with a ghost.

This love is good, this love is bad
This love is alive back from the dead

The love she has for Jesse is good because it makes her happy but bad because she can't really have anything with him. He's a ghost. The second line quite literally goes with the book because Jesse actually came back from the dead.

These hands had to let it go free
And this love came back to me

These are the lines that first reminded me of The Mediator Series. In the last book a quote is mentioned which goes like "If you love something, let it go. If it was meant to be, it will come back to you." The lines of the song are almost the same. Suze lets go of Jesse but then he comes back to her.

This love left a permanent mark
This love is glowing in the dark

The love Suze had for Jesse left a permanent mark on her since she repeatedly said she could never love someone else like that. The second line is not only symbolic but Jesse quite literally glows in the dark.

Your kiss, my cheek, I watched you leave
Your smile, my ghost, I fell to my knees

I think these lines explain how Suze was when Jesse disappeared. How broken and sad she was and how his smile was her ghost.

And that's it! Do you feel like This Love was written for Suze and Jesse? Do you have any songs that remind you of certain books or characters? Comment below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I really appreciate that you're commenting! I love comments! And trust me, I read and reply each and every one of them! So check back soon to see my reply!
Please don't use bad words. Don't curse or swear. And don't spam!
Thank you for commenting! Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...