Sunday, November 9, 2014

Sunday Spotlight~Don't Look At Me Like That by Song Ji Eun (Song)


A few weeks ago I came across a music video on YouTube while listening to kpop. It was the MV for Don't Look At Me Like That. I instantly fell in love with the song, the singer's voice, the lyrics, the music video. A couple of days later I discovered Secret and I loved their songs as well. Then I realized that my favorite singer in Secret is the one who sang DLAMLT! So here I am, featuring the song that has been playing non-stop on my iPod.


DLAMLT is a song about forbidden love. You can take it in any context. The bottom line is that it's about a love that is not generally accepted in society.


The lyrics are beautiful. (You can read the English translation below.) The singer, Ji Eun, is asking people to not look at her like she has done something wrong. All she did was fall in love. She's telling people not to judge her.


Ji Eun has a really stunning voice. I love her voice in Secret songs but I had no idea she was a solo artist as well. Now I have most of her songs. Even though she's good with upbeat songs as well I like her voice better in ballads. This song is definitely my favorite one by her. 


I love the music video! It is a symbolic one. Ji Eun is treated as a show piece and the masked people represent the people who judge and ridicule. It does go with the song. Ji Eun looks very different in this music video. Not bad, actually quite the opposite. She looks stunning and beautiful. But very different.


Overall I really love the song and like the MV as well. I would highly recommend you listen to it, it's a really beautiful song.


Music Video:


Lyrics:

When the lights start to turn off, I quietly go to meet you
A flower blooms in the world that’s only filled with thorns
Why? Why not?
They whisper and go against us
Why? Why not?
We’re so in love
Don’t look at me like that
We’re just in love, that’s all
Don’t hate on us, however you’re viewing us
We’re just a little different
Just leave us alone
Can’t we live in a world where time stands still?
Why? Why not?
We did nothing wrong
Why? Why not?
We’re so in love
Don’t look at me like that
We’re just in love, that’s all
Don’t hate on us, however you’re viewing us
We’re just a little different
Just leave us alone
Tell Me What Is Wrong
Tell Me What Is Wrong
Tell Me What Is Love
Tell Me What Is Love
I want to love however I want
I won’t change no matter what anyone says
Don’t look at me like that
We’re just in love, that’s all
Don’t hate on us, however you’re viewing us
We’re just a little different
Just leave us alone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I really appreciate that you're commenting! I love comments! And trust me, I read and reply each and every one of them! So check back soon to see my reply!
Please don't use bad words. Don't curse or swear. And don't spam!
Thank you for commenting! Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...