Thursday, September 15, 2011

Book Review-Angel Chronicles, Vol. 3 (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)


Author: Nancy Holder
Summary: For Buffy the Vampire Slayer, birthdays aren't all parties and cake-hers tend to involve a life-or-death battle with a big evil. Her seventeenth celebration isn't an exception. While Buffy's friends organize a festive gathering in honour of the special day, Spike and Drusilla are planning their own surprise party for the Slayer-with a devastating demon as the grand finale.
But a passionate night with Angel changes everything. Suddenly, Buffy must deal with two forms of ultimate evil: the almost-indestructible Judge-and the legendary vampire Angelus, who is determined to exact his special brand of revenge on the young woman who showed him true love.


My Rating: 8/10

My Thoughts: I finished reading this book yesterday but I wasn't really in the review writing mood so I decided to write today. First some background info on the book: this book is based on the TV show Buffy The Vampire Slayer. It includes the story of three of the episodes, S2EP13 Surprise, S2EP14 Innocence and S2EP17 Passion. I haven't seen these episodes but I have seen a few episodes from season 1. I like it but since I have to watch it online I don't get much time so I haven't been able to watch it that much.

I loved this book! I loved how it was written. I loved how it focussed on all of the characters and their thoughts and I pretty much liked all the characters. It is a series novel but it seemed like a stand-alone in the beginning. You didn't have to know about the previous stuff and the characters were introduced pretty well. But I hated that it ended leaving the reader with so many questions. I loved the story but I was so sad and angry when I read the ending. I'm not sure if I can find the next novel in these series because I bought this one at a clearance sale and we don't get many books where I live. Especially the old ones. So to be clear it's so not a stand-alone novel.

It was written really really well. I loved how Nancy wrote about good and bad Angel. Their different thoughts. Their different feelings. Everything was written fabulously! In the beginning, Angel's passion and love for Buffy reminded me of Stefan's unforbidden love for Elena. But this is very different. I loved the story. And I especially loved the twist of *spoiler alert* Angel turning bad!

I would probably give it 4 out of 5 stars. I recommend it for people who like to read YA super-natural books. I think it's more suitable for ages 16 and above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I really appreciate that you're commenting! I love comments! And trust me, I read and reply each and every one of them! So check back soon to see my reply!
Please don't use bad words. Don't curse or swear. And don't spam!
Thank you for commenting! Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...