Friday, June 14, 2013

Music~DEMI by Demi Lovato


Released May 14, 2013
Recorded 2012-2013
Genre Pop, Dance-pop
Length 47:48
Label Hollywood Records

Tracklisting
  1. Heart Attack
  2. Made in the USA
  3. Without the Love
  4. Neon Lights
  5. Two Pieces
  6. Nightingale
  7. In Case
  8. Really Don't Care (featuring Cher Lloyd)
  9. Fire Starter
  10. Something That We're Not
  11. Never Been Hurt
  12. Shouldn't Come Back
  13. Warrior
  14. (Bonus Track) I Hate You, Don't Leave Me
My Thoughts: It's very rare that I like all the songs on an artist's album. Taylor Swift and Hedley are the only two artists whose all songs I love. But I guess Demi's making it to that list too.

Demi's latest (self-titled) album has been on replay on my iPod since the day it came out! I love each and every song on it. Demi has definitely did an amazing job with this album. Her sound is changed, her voice is more powerful. The songs are amazing! And I can see that this album is more personal than her previous ones. 

The first song I listened to from the album was her first single, Heart Attack, and the moment I listened to it I got addicted. Demi's voice is so powerful in the song! She hits high vocals so well and, though I've always known Demi has an amazing voice, I was surprised when I listened to this song.

The album is a mix of fun, dance music and sad, ballads and all the songs are relatable. I can't choose a favorite, but one of the songs I really really love is I Hate You, Don't Leave Me. The lyrics, like in all of the other songs, are amazing and so sad. Warrior is such an inspirational song.

All in all, I love the whole album. The lyrics are wonderful, the music is beautiful and this is one of my all-time favorite albums!

Favorite Lyrics:

You make me glow, but I cover up. Won’t let it show.

I admit I’m in and out of my head
Don’t listen to a single word I've said
Just hear me out before you run away
‘Cause I can’t take this pain
No, I can’t take this pain
I hate you, don’t leave me
I hate you, please love me

I’m addicted to the madness
I’m a daughter of the sadness
I’ve been here too many times before
Been abandoned and I’m scared now
I can’t handle another fall out
I’m fragile, just washed upon the shore
They forget me, don’t see me
When they love me, they leave me

I can't believe I ever stayed up writing songs about you
You don't deserve to know the way I used to think about you

But even if the stars and moon collide
I never want you back into my life
You can take your words and all your lies
Oh oh oh I really don't care

You fought through the darkness and brought me back to life

I felt picture perfect
On and off a shelf to a broken frame of mind, a broken frame of mind
It comes back and haunts me
A bullet undercover, it fooled me every time, it fooled me every time
But even if I lose it all
I've got so much left to give, I won't give up, no, no
My heart's on the front-line, I'm not afraid

I will love you and forever
I will love you like I never
Like I never heard goodbye
Like I never heard a lie
Like I'm falling into love for the first time

No matter how far we go, I want the whole world to know
I want you bad, and I wont have it any other way
No matter what the people say,
I know that we'll never break

I need a voice to echo
I need a light to take me home
I kinda need a hero
Is it you?

Can you be my nightingale?
Sing to me 
I know you're there
You could be my sanity 
Bring me peace
Sing me to sleep
Say you'll be my nightingale

All the pain and the truth
I wear like a battle wound
So ashamed, so confused
I was broken and bruised

Out of the ashes, I'm burning like a fire
You can save your apologies, you're nothing but a liar
I've got shame, I've got scars
That I will never show
I'm a survivor
In more ways than you know

Now I'm a warrior
Now I've got thicker skin
I'm a warrior
I'm stronger than I've ever been
And my armor, is made of steel, you can't get in
I'm a warrior
And you can never hurt me again

There's a part of me I can't get back
A little girl grew up too fast
All it took was once, I'll never be the same
Now I'm taking back my life today
Nothing left that you can say
Cause you were never gonna take the blame anyway

Tired of being so sad, tired of getting so mad, baby
Stop right now, you'll only let me down


In case
You don't find what you're looking for
In case
You're missing what you had before
In case
You change your mind, I'll be waiting here
In case
You just want to come home


Strong enough to leave you
But weak enough to need you
Cared enough to let you walk away


In case
You're looking in that mirror one day
And miss my arms
How they wrapped around your waist


We're only lost children, trying to find a friend
Trying to find our way back home


We don't know where to go, so I'll just get lost with you
We'll never fall apart, 'cause we fit together right, we fit together right
These dark clouds over me, rain down and roll away
We'll never fall apart, 'cause we fit together like
Two pieces of a broken heart


Now I can lay my head down and fall asleep
Oh, but I don't have to fall asleep to see my dreams
'Cause right there in front of me


Why are we acting like lovers?
We don't know each other
Even though we used to rule the world
Why are you singing me love songs?
What good is a love song?
A love song without the love


You're beautiful but cause me pain
You played my heart like it's a game


And you work so hard to get me just to let me go
Yeah, you put me in the spotlight just to steal the show
And you try to take me home like you're DiMaggio
Oh (oh, oh) it's criminal


I might look all innocent
But the embers are burning inside of me


I'm a bad ass, jumping off the moving train
I'm a Jane Bond, putting all the guys to shame
I'm a wild card, and I'm gonna steal your game
You better watch out

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I really appreciate that you're commenting! I love comments! And trust me, I read and reply each and every one of them! So check back soon to see my reply!
Please don't use bad words. Don't curse or swear. And don't spam!
Thank you for commenting! Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...