Monday, October 29, 2012

Manga Mondays (1)~ Kaichou wa Maid-sama by Hiro Fujiwara

Manga Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by Alison Can Read.

I love reading Mangas and watching Animes! But I'm still pretty new in the world of manga. My cousins are total anime-freaks. They know everything about every anime; it's almost crazy! So usually they are the ones who recommend me animes. And 2 of my friends at school love animes too. They are the ones who told me about Kaichou wa Maid-sama and I've been hooked since then!


Kaichou wa Maid-sama is about a girl, Misaki Ayuzawa, who is a brilliant and overachieving girl. She's the President of the Student Council at Seika High School, which was formerly a boys' school. The thing is, she hates boys. And since the school still largely consists of boys, she's determined to make it a better place for girls and to increase the number of girls in the school.


BUT. Misaki works at a maid-cafe to support her family, and one day the most popular and sexiest guy at school, Usui Takumi, finds that out. The manga follows the story of these too and how she manages to keep her job a secret to save her reputation in school. Oh and btw, Usui is in love with her ;)


I saw the anime first. I couldn't stop watching it! I had to do homework and I was having class tests then, but I just couldn't stop. But thank fully there were only 26 episodes so I was done with it pretty quickly. And then I missed it so much! :( Plus I was not satisfied AT ALL with how the anime ended. And when I searched I found out that there wasn't going to be a second season. I had to know what happened next, so I started reading the manga.

I've read from Volume 1 to Volume 8 and till now it has been awesome!! I really like the illustrations and the story. Sometimes it gets boring, but maybe that's just me, because I love reading Usui-Misaki scenes! Others just seem boring to me :P


I love all the characters! They are well-developed and distinct. My favorites include Misaki and Usui, of course. Other than those too, I like Hinata (who appears later on in the manga), he's so sweet! Yukimura; he's funny and cute! Sakura; she's so bubbly and fun! I love people like her. Kanou; I didn't like him at first, but then he changed and I feel sorry for the poor boy. Plus, he's hot! I also like all the Maid Latte maids and the 3 idiots.


I'm in love with Usui ♥ He's hot, mysterious, handsome, over-protective (sometimes) which is cute, caring and yes, a little perverted but he only does it to tease Misaki. He's such a dream boy and it's so cute, how much he loves Misaki! But his teasing and vagueness really annoyed me sometimes. I mean, come on dude! Tell her you love her and get it over with. But I guess he wants Misaki to say it so he keeps giving her mixed signals. I'll let you read it yourself to know where their story goes and if they end up together or not. I'm still finding out myself ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I really appreciate that you're commenting! I love comments! And trust me, I read and reply each and every one of them! So check back soon to see my reply!
Please don't use bad words. Don't curse or swear. And don't spam!
Thank you for commenting! Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...