Sunday, October 7, 2012

Discussion Post~Letting go of Books

I really have a hard time letting go of books. I have never given away or sold my books. I just love them too much! :(


But a few days ago, for the first time ever, I let go. I donated my books. Our school is working with this organization which provides books to unprivileged kids. I had A LOT of old books  piled up in my shelf which I had read a long time ago, and probably wasn't going to read ever again. So I donated them.

At first I wasn't that willing to do it. But then I thought about the kids who will receive them. Maybe some of them loved to read. Maybe they loved falling into a book and going on all these cool adventures but couldn't because they couldn't afford a book. Maybe I would be able to give them that. Share my love of books with them. And then I felt so good about donating those books :)

Here's a picture of the books I gave away:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I really appreciate that you're commenting! I love comments! And trust me, I read and reply each and every one of them! So check back soon to see my reply!
Please don't use bad words. Don't curse or swear. And don't spam!
Thank you for commenting! Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...