Monday, October 29, 2012

Books For Thought (1)~Do you ever get tired of the continuous series installments?


Books For Thought is a weekly meme hosted by LA Femme Readers.

Q. Do you ever get tired of the continuous series installments?

My Answer: Yes! So much so that I don't even read long series. 3-4 books are ok. But if it's something like the House of Night novels, then count me out. I don't like keeping track of so many books and by the time the next book comes out, I've already forgotten the previous book. Plus the wait is too torturous. Some series are really good, like Harry Potter, and you can't get enough of them. But if you don't have a good story, then please stop writing books just for the sake of continuing the series. The other thing I hate are cliffhanger endings. They're ok if the author answered some questions and left some for the next book. But if the author left everything for the next book, just to make sure that the reader would buy it, that gets on my nerves. It feels like the book wasn't complete, even if it was a part of the series.

What are your bookish thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I really appreciate that you're commenting! I love comments! And trust me, I read and reply each and every one of them! So check back soon to see my reply!
Please don't use bad words. Don't curse or swear. And don't spam!
Thank you for commenting! Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...