My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by The Unread Reader.
So my book boyfriend today is the one and only Prince Blaise from The Prince of Powys! And he is played by the dreamy Hugh Dancy!
Here's some information about my boyfriend ;) :
- He's from The Kingdom of Mercia, England, 756 AD
- He's the youngest son of King Elisedd of Mercia.
- His mother died while giving birth to him.
- He is seventeen years old.
- He has one brother, Brochfael, who is married.
- He has flaming red hair.
- He's a good swordsman.
- He's strong and brave.
- He's not afraid of commitment.
- He's smart and caring.
- “Yes.” The Prince spoke in a low whisper. The sound sent a warm flutter through her, but she had no time to wonder about the strange feelings he invoked.
- “Call the guards.” He crossed his arms and stared. “I thought not. What you would say: ‘I ran into the hostage while I sneaked out of the palace, refusing to obey my father’s command to marry Cuthred, the only chance my people have for an alliance of peace with Wessex.’?”
- A shrill scream pierced the air, and he turned to see Branda, eyes wide and face red. A chuckle rumbled deep in his chest. The Princess saw something she couldn’t talk about. She was a maid indeed. Branda covered her eyes, turned her head and ran toward the grazing horse. “Branda,” he called between snorts of laughter, “join me.” “You are bare, every bit of you.” She stood with her back to him.
- An ear-piercing squeal sliced through the air, startling them. Blaise wheeled around. “Princess, what are you doing here?” “Saving your life, I think. He almost killed you.” She pointed to Brochfael with menace in her eyes. Laughter bubbled up in Blaise’s throat. “Branda, this is the practice yard.”
- Blaise covered her mouth with his and a sweet, melting sensation filled her. He slid and twisted his lips over hers as he hungrily kissed her. Then he pulled her into the warmth of his arms, so male and embracing, and carried her away into his bower at Dinas Bran.
- He should ask the Druid for some tonic of sorts for no doubt he’d caught some Saxon illness, which possessed him to pick silly flowers. Yes, it must be so. He couldn’t think of any other reasonable explanation.
- “Is it true? Is it Scan?” Branda yelled with glee as she ran to the door. “Princess!” Scan smiled and opened his arms to hug her. Blaise stepped back, feeling a tinge of jealousy. I got the fool released. Where is my hug?